Annual Giving Metrics: From Counting Checks to the New Digital Data Deluge
Thursday, October 14, 2021
9:30 am – 12:00 pm
Annual giving has always been highly quantifiable. How much did we raise, and from how many donors?
But it’s often the “little numbers” that help drive “big number” success in annual giving. What are the metrics used to drive annual giving performance measurement today? How do you track them? Who’s using what metrics and tools to measure performance across the University System of Maryland? Join moderator and CASE Laureate Bob Burdenski for a look at:
- Some basic annual giving metrics and measures of success;
- Donor behavior metrics, including acquisition, retention, loyalty, and lifetime value;
- Related affinity metrics useful to prospect identification and segmentation;
- The new deluge of digital data, and how it’s turning annual giving into even more of a laboratory than ever;
- A look at data dashboards and other metric tracking tools across the system;
- Other ideas and insights from your System colleagues with examples from other institutions.