Join members of the USM Alumni Relations Council for this full day event to learn and talk about metrics for alumni relations and advancement events!
Hosted by the Alumni Relations Council Professional Development Committee* who will facilitate discussion. Lunch included. Make it a day!
*David Flinchbaugh (UMB), Shannon Gribble (FSU), Rosalind Muchiri (BSU), and James Lunnermon (UMES)
Morning Session - 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., followed by discussion:
Academic Impressions on-demand webinar presented by
Ray Satterthwaite, President, Engagement Analysis
This program will address:
- Aligning Alumni Relations operations with institutional priorities
- Alumni Relations metrics
- Determining the right metrics for your shop
- Communicating metrics to leadership
- Using metrics to guide planning
Lunch and Networking
Afternoon Session - 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m., followed by a brief discussion:
Academic Impressions live webinar presented by
Lynne Wester, Donor Relations Guru
The program will address:
- Understanding successful events, including:
- unique identifiers of advancement event success
- attendee mix
- concrete ROI evaluation for event
- Surveying and data collection, including:
- collecting data before, during, and after the event
- leveraging event evaluations to develop unique, meaningful events
- How to evaluate and eliminate a failing event, including:
- focusing on mission-centric events
- engaging event volunteers in other opportunities
Who Should Attend
Alumni Relations, Annual Giving, and Advancement Services professionals who are interested in establishing and/or improving their metrics for programs and events.
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2016
Location: UMUC Largo Academic Center, 1616 McCormick Dr., Largo, MD 20774
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Fee: $20, lunch included
Parking: Free, behind building
From the Capital Beltway (I-495/95), merge on to Landover Road/MD-202 via exit 17A toward Upper Marlboro. Proceed in the right lane, then turn right on McCormick Drive. Proceed approximately one-fourth of a mile to 1616 McCormick Drive on the right.