The University System of Maryland Foundation staff actively engages with our institutional partners and business and civic organizations throughout the state. We love connecting with our community and seeing firsthand the extraordinary work being done by faculty, staff, and students at our 12 institutions and two regional higher education centers.
We also relish the opportunity to share our knowledge and learn from others through presentations, retreats, conferences, and more.
One of our most recent endeavors was the art contest that was featured in our 2012-2014 reports. The art contest gave us an opportunity to get to know our larger community and for them to get to know us. We felt an art contest would be a great way to strengthen the connection between the Foundation and the students, faculty, and staff we ultimately serve.
There was an incredible response, with faculty, staff, and students submitting different types of artwork to reflect upon our theme. In addition to the grand prizewinners, there were several runners up who are featured throughout the annual reports.
In addition to our art contest, our staff members have been visiting all around the state! Some of our recent activities include:
- Holding 11 professional development events for advancement staff across the University System of Maryland in FY 16. Click here for an updated schedule of professional development events
- Foundation staff members attended the Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women's [EM]Power Breakfast, the Howard Community College Vino Scholastico Event, and the World Trade Center Institute's International Leadership awards, among other opportunities
- President Leonard Raley and Chief of Staff Marianne Horrigan facilitated board member retreats at Towson University Foundation, Eastern Shore Community Foundation, and more
- Chief Investment Officer Sam Gallo visited the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park to discuss career opportunities for current business students
- The investment office is launching an internship program for Smith School students that will provide them with invaluable experience and add to the investment office's "brain trust"
- Bill Wojcik, Director of Business Operations, regularly leads a financial roundtable for campus administrators at different campuses throughout the state