The University System of Maryland Foundation staff actively engages with our institutional partners and business and civic organizations throughout the state. We love connecting with our community and seeing firsthand the extraordinary work being done by faculty, staff, and students at our 12 institutions and two regional higher education centers.
We also relish the opportunity to share our knowledge and learn from others through presentations, retreats, conferences, and more.
One of our most recent endeavors was USM Goes Wild at the Baltimore Zoo, which brought together over 2,700 alumni, staff, and family and friends of University System of Maryland institutions. Co-hosted with nine USM institutions, the event featured free rides on the carousel, many animals, and connections made among the USM community.
The evening was well-received by all who attended and a fantastic way to strengthen and bring together the USM community in a central location.
In addition to USM Goes Wild, some of our recent activities include:
- Held 11 professional development events for advancement staff across the University System of Maryland in FY 16, with many more planned in FY 17. Click here for an updated schedule of professional development events
- President Leonard Raley and Chief of Staff Marianne Horrigan, along with USM Foundation staff, led and facilitated leadership-level support such as deans' workshops, a leadership summit, and individual work with campuses to onboard development
- Chief Investment Officer Sam Gallo visited the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park to discuss career opportunities for current business students
- The investment office is launching an internship program for Smith School students that will provide them with invaluable experience and add to the investment office's "brain trust"
- Bill Wojcik, Director of Business Operations, regularly leads a financial roundtable for campus administrators at different campuses throughout the state