The USM Foundation participates in the Maryland Charities Campaign (MCC) and the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC).
Maryland Charities Campaign (MCC)
- In the first calendar quarter of the year a report is received from MCC for each institution. It details the donor name, address and amount donated for those donors who gave permission to release their name. All other donors are listed on the report as “Anonymous Giver” with the $ amount of their gift noted.
- A copy of the MCC report is forwarded to each institutional OIA. The gift processing office uses this report to enter a pledge for each donor whose name in on the list. The pledge is posted to an account designated by the donor, if applicable, or to the institution’s MCC account.
- Contributions from all donors who did not choose to be identified are not posted as pledges. These will be posted later as outright gifts to the institution’s MCC account.
- Distributions, representing these designated and undesignated funds, less the MCC administrative fee, are received each quarter and deposited to a USM Foundation holding account.
- Annually, in the second quarter of the following calendar year, after all payments have been received from MCC, the pledges are cleared based on the payments received and the balance in the holding account is adjusted to account for the administrative MCC fees. Anonymous donor gifts are recorded at this time.
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
- A report is received from CFC. If a donor has given permission to the release of his/her name, the report details the donor name and address.
- Distributions, less the MCC administrative fee, are received each quarter and recorded as outright gifts as received.
Periodically we will receive donations through United Way agencies or other third party donation clearinghouses. These donations are handled as outright gifts.